This page is undergoing some renovations. You can find recent podcasts over on our BLOG.
Face-to-Face Services @ The Depot
September 25, 2020
Let's Get Spiritual - PODCAST & Resources
April 15, 2020
October 3, 2020
July 5, 2015
Alongside the Shallow series, here are some exercises designed to help us move from the shallows to deeper waters in our relationship with ourselves, others and God.
Quotes are from Henri J M. Nouwen, Reaching Out: The Three Movements of the Spiritual Life. NY: Doubleday, 1975. Nouwen writes of this as three movements:
1. The movement of the individual from loneliness to solitude (reaching out to ourselves)
2. The movement of the individual from hostility to hospitality (reaching out to others)
3. The movement of the individual from illusion to prayer (reaching out to God)
Going Deep by myself (2 x 15 minutes + practical exercise)
1. Reflect on the week’s quote. What does this mean for me?
2. Plan when you will complete the practical exercise
3. Later in the week review the quote and how the practical exercise went
Going Deeper Together (15 minute module)
1. Read the week’s quote. What is Nouwen trying to say?
2. How are you going with the practical exercise and how can we as a group support you in this? Is there something we can do together?
Cultivate exercises for the series Shallow
Cession | community